Friday, October 28, 2011

Mummifier - "Advanced Mummification Procedure" on Grindcore Karaoke



It's beginning to look as if the Mummifier full-length isn't going to be released on CD. Life has repeatedly stepped in and fucked up any chances I had of saving money for this release. I'm not sure it matters, though. For the most part people don't even listen to CDs. People buy them, then put the audio on their iPods, etc, but loading a CD into a CD player and listening to the CD itself has become a thing of the past. I can't say I'm bothered by this. I don't care how people listen to it as long as they're listening.



The cassette version of this will be out in a matter of days via
www.hurtstohear.com with a variation of the cover art (fucken' snazzy, isn't it?!). I'll have a few to sell if people want a physical product to hold in their hands, or they can order them from the label directly. But, like LPs and their download cards, people can get a pristine copy of the audio by grabbing it online from Grindcore Karaoke right now. The download comes with 12 bonus tracks (from our two demos) and a digital booklet. Grab it for free here...

http://www.grindcorekaraoke.com/album/advanced-mummification-procedure




Thanks to Kurtis and Randall for their help in bringing this to fruition after 18 months of delays. I hope people will think it's worth the wait.


2 comments:

said...

I already grabbed this from GK, but I was planning on buying a CD from you when it was ready too. It'd be a shame if that can't happen. I'm totally guilty of only what you say - listening to a CD once then ripping it to mp3s - but it's nice to have the physical item to hold and look at, and for backup if you lose the files and are too stupid to have backed them up *cough and embarrassed look*

I don't have my speakers with me back in the UK, and I don't like to give anything its first play on shitty laptop speakers, so I probably won't jam it until I get back East... but I've yet to hear a Mummifier recording I didn't enjoy, so I'm looking forward to it.

gamma693 said...

Our drummer says he's still planning on ponying up the funds for the CD, so it might still happen.